The Statistical Yearbook of Helsinki is now published for the 110th time. All 247 statistical tables in the Yearbook are also published as open data in the Helsinki Region Infoshare service. All statistics published in yearbooks since 2002 can be found through the same service. Older statistical yearbooks published between 1905 and 2008 can also be read in digital form via the Sinetti archive information system.
The Statistical Yearbook 2022 tells the following about Helsinki and the people of Helsinki:
- In 2021, there were 382,153 residential apartments in Helsinki. Of these, 88,696 were studio apartments.
- In 2021, 393,611 people had valid driving licenses in Helsinki. Of these, 189,831 were women.
- In 2021, the City of Helsinki had a total of 123 trams. In 2010, there were 93 trams.
- At the end of 2021, the City of Helsinki's payrolls had a total of 39,255 employees. The largest industry was social services and health care, which had a total of 14,648 employees on its payroll.
- In 2019, there were a total of 53,787 companies in Helsinki with a total turnover of EUR 87,272,680 million.
The statistical yearbook is published by the Urban research and Statistics Unit of the Helsinki City Executive Office