The Statistical Yearbook of Helsinki is now published for the 109th time. All 257 statistical tables in the Yearbook are also published as open data in the Helsinki Region Infoshare service. All statistics published in yearbooks since 2002 can be found through the same service. Older statistical yearbooks published between 1905 and 2008 can also be read in digital form via the Sinetti archive information system.
The Statistical Yearbook 2021 tells the following about Helsinki and the people of Helsinki:
- In 2020, there were 377,122 residential apartments in Helsinki. Of these, 86,667 were studio apartments.
- In 2020, 390,882 people had valid driving licenses in Helsinki. Of these, 188,078 were women.
- In 2020, the City of Helsinki had a total of 122 trams. In 2010, there were 93 trams.
- At the end of 2020, the City of Helsinki's payrolls had a total of 39,152 employees. The largest industry was social services and health care, which had a total of 14,751 employees on its payroll.
- In 2019, there were a total of 52,177 companies in Helsinki with a total turnover of EUR 90,989,811 million.
The statistical yearbook is published by the Urban research and Statistics Unit of the Helsinki City Executive Office